BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Long Time Coming

Well, just like writing in my journal, I am not very faithful at updating my blog! I can't even really remember what has happened in the last month. I do remember that last night Jenn and I went to see Wicked! That was the second time that I have seen it. It was amazing! That is definitely my favorite musical. If Stomp counts as a musical, it would be my second.


"Jenn and I after Wicked"

Last week we put on a play called, "Peggy The Pint-Size Pirate." We had our semi-annual membership meeting and needed to have something for entertainment. Last year they had a fashion show and, as Jenn would probably tell you, I don't know much about fashion anymore. Haha. I don't get it either...I used to be such a good dresser! I guess that in my "old age" I am forgetting how. Anyway, the play went well enough. We had to remind some of the participants of their lines many times, but people enjoyed it a lot. I am glad that it's over, as is most of my staff. I don't think that any of them enjoyed working during rehearsal time. Not that they should have much to complain about. It's not like their job is very difficult at all. On that note, anyone looking for a job? We're in the hiring process...

Saying all that, I have been reconsidering going in to special education. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with people that have disabilities, but the more I have thought about it and have worked in the field, the more I think that the pay does not justify it. Some day I am going to have to support a family. That's right...I said it. Some day I will be married and have a family. Crazy, I know! For years my mom, whom I love, has been suggesting that I go in to nursing. So, I am going to give that a go! I am going to start down the road of taking classes towards a nursing degree at Mesa Community College. Hopefully I'll be able to put in the time and do well enough to get accepted in to the program! The only problem is, when I get accepted in to the nursing program I am not going to have time to work. So right now I am researching some of the alternatives of having a normal full-time job. Like having an internet sales business. Everything is in the early stages right now though, so we'll see. As most of you that have known me for any length of time, everything is subject to change!

I recently watched, "The Express." It's set in the days before desegregation. It's about a black football player that had to overcome some discrimination. I think that it is absolutely ridiculous what people did back then. There is NO excuse for treating someone that is different from you so badly. It was a very good movie though. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's one of those feel good ones that is based on a true story. I enjoy those kind of movies a lot.

I have been reading more lately. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I've read a few books. I think it started with "My Sister's Keeper" and then moved on to more thriller type books. Jenn read it and wanted to see the movie, so I figured that I might as well read it too. It was actually a really good book that brought up some interesting issues. Let me warn you though, the movie was not as good as the book. The had even changed some of the plot in the movie. The main thing that they changed was even a HUGE part of the book.

I'm in the advanced improv class now. We have 4 shows in 12 weeks! One every 3 weeks. It's pretty fast paced. I enjoy it, but not as much as the first class. I think that having more time to learn things helped us get to know each other better, and become more comfortable with each other. This new group of people is pretty interesting. It's a mix of a couple of quieter people, some show-offs, and some people that know what they're doing and are pretty good at it. It will be very interesting to see how the show goes this week!

Alright, I think that I have said enough for this entry! I'll catch you all later!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones